The technique involves the therapist using fingers or thumbs to move over muscle with a gentle rolling motion, stimulating ligament tendon and fasica in various parts of the body. This delivers signals to the nervous system of the body then uses its own natural resources to heal itself.
The therapist will stimulate sets of points, often with pauses between sets with occasional 2-5 minute breaks during the session to allow the body to respond to the treatment.
Bowen is appropriate for expecting mothers, new born and childen (colic, unsettled babies etc)
- Back pain-lower, upper and mid back
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrom
- Frozen shoulder
- Hamstring pain or tightness
- Jaw pain/misalignment
- Knee/ ankle problems
- Neck pain, restricted range of motion
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis elbow / golfer elbows
- IBS and digestive problems
- Accident and sport injuries